KAPI-MANA MUSIC FESTIVAL / COMPETITIONS 2019
Queen’s Birthday Weekend 1-3 June 2019 at Whitireia Polytechnic,
Wi Neera Drive, Porirua
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Closing date for entries is Sunday 5 May
- Entry is open to all school-aged students. Door entry is free, but to help defray costs donations are welcome.
- Competitors may only enter in ONE solo class the Festival class (non-competitive) OR Competition classes OR a Recital class.
- In addition all competitors may enter the Duet/Duo and Ensemble classes.
- Entry Fees:
Duos/duets/ensembles $5 per person (maximum $20)
Recital 10 mins. $20
Recital 20 mins. $40
- No late entries will be accepted..
- Each performer will receive a written report.
- Award placings will only occur in the competition and recital classes.
- If an accompanist is required, this must be organised by the entrant.
- A backing accompaniment track (not the solo line) may be used in the Festival (class 1). The competitor must provide any equipment required (other than the piano).
- For all competition and recital classes copies of the music to be performed must be available for the Adjudicator on the day of the competition. Photocopies are acceptable for this purpose and should be in excellent condition. Please note that all photocopies will be destroyed after the event.
- Adjudicator’s copies must be clearly labelled with the Class number, number in the class (in the top right hand corner) and underneath this, the competitor’s name. The teacher’s name must not be visible to the adjudicator.
- The awarding of any certificates, trophies, cups or prizes shall be at the discretion of the Adjudicator whose decision is final. In 2019, major prizes and trophies will be presented after each class.
- In each class each competitor is limited to one piece or one movement from a suite or sonata, with the exception of the Recital classes.
- For ensemble items, the class is determined by the highest school year of the student group.
- Unless advised to the contrary, competitors accept that their name, photograph or video footage may be included in any results published and/or used for publicity.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 5 May. Entries are made online and payment by internet banking to (Kapi-Mana Music Festival Charitable Trust 02-0548-0095770-00).